PS About shop portfolio

1.21.2014

M A K E :: mini notebooks



I don't know about you, but I love toting around little notebooks in my purse. I always have ideas or inspiration at the most random times, so having a notebook handy is crucial. With it being a new year, I wanted to have a fresh batch of mini notebooks ready to go! I decided to whip these little beauties up!

S U P P L I E S   ::  watercolor paper, paint/brushes, scissors, (tracing) paper, pen, sewing machine

E A S Y   A S    1 ,   2 ,   3   ::
1.) Gather your paint supplies and brush away! You can be as meticulous or random as you'd like. I just wanted brush strokes and I didn't want mine to look too perfect. You can always paint flowers, or words… just have fun with it!

 2.) Once your paper has dried, use your scissors to cut each sheet in half. If you have a paper cutter available, that's always helpful to make your edges nice and straight.

3. ) Once your sheets are cut, you can begin to decorate your "covers" using your pen/marker. Another alternative is gluing photos to the front, or using magazine pages like this diy.

4.) Cut the paper you'll be using as your "pages", slightly smaller then your "cover" sheet. I decided to use tracing paper, because I'm obsessed with how fun it is to write on. Seriously, try it. Tracing paper is also pretty sturdy, so you don't have to worry about pages tearing easily when you sew. Use a binder clip, or anything else you may have, to bind the pages together. This will make sewing SO much easier.

5.) Mark where the fold will be and begin to sew from top to bottom! Fold your notebook in half and lay something heavy on it for a few minutes so it stays closed. You're done!!




I'm in love with how these turned out and I promise it's so so easy to do! I can't wait to see how yours turn out - and again, there are SO many different variations you can do! I'd love to see how yours turn out; leave a link!


xo. melisa

4 comments:

  1. Who would have thought making notebooks could be this easy?! This is a DIY even I could (probably) pull off! Thanks for sharing :) :) MUST remember this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love how they turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I need a sewing machine, now.

    ReplyDelete