PS About shop portfolio

9.05.2013

T I P S :: how I stay inspired

As much as I wish Pie N' the Sky was my full time job, it's not. In fact I have a wide variety of "jobs" that I do on a weekly basis. Working on things that aren't necessarily "inspiring" can make it difficult to come home at the end of the day and blog about something inspirational and beautiful. It's always been important to me to stay inspired, even in the smallest of ways. Here are a few tips on how I stay inspired.

C A R R Y   A R O U N D   A   J O U R N A L
this is such a simple step to staying inspired. you never know when an idea will hit, so carrying around a journal is a great way to make sure you remember the things that matter most. sometimes I'll be at work and I'll think of a great idea for a post - immediately I can write it down and have a place to brainstorm. pulling out this notebook on not so inspired days, is such a huge help in getting to that special place.

R E M E M B E R   T O   S O A K   I N   E V E R Y   M O M E N T 
your life may be filled with routine and other mundane tasks, but that doesn't mean it's uninspired. take advantage of every moment you have. sure, it might just be a lunch break, but it's also thirty minutes to dream, to write down ideas and think on wonderful things.

F I N D   I N S P I R A T I O N   I N   E V E R Y T H I N G 
maybe you're confined to an office all day - make that office the most inspiring place you know. fill it with photos and candles that inspire the senses. maybe you're not allowed to decorate your space, well then put a fun wallpaper on computer desktop. whether its a plant in the corner, or a photo of your friends, or even a small notebook with a pretty design - there is inspiration all around. either take notice, or create it yourself. 

R E T R E A T 
take a break y'all. i can very easily go a hundred miles a minute and only stop to sleep a few hours. I know that I don't operate my best when I run myself into the ground. who does?? so taking time to relax and mentally unwind is so important. once I can clear my head, then I find that inspiring, wonderful and beautiful things are likely to follow.


These are very simple, but they've become my way of life. It's not always easy, but it's always worth it. How do you stay inspired?


xo. melisa

2 comments:

  1. great advice! i love having a journal on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly what i do. Keeping a journal always keeps me motivated and I can always scribble down ideas and sketches. I've recently grown keen on evernote, too, which is really nice for keeping lists and organizing stuff.
    xxx,
    Lilla
    http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete