PS About shop portfolio

5.01.2012

fancy new shade

I've been meaning to repurpose this old lampshade I had, but wanted to think of the perfect and easy diy. I decided to make some stamps and paint it with a simple pattern! Here's what I did...



 You'll need: paint, foam, wooden blocks, scissors, tape, lampshade

cut out the shapes you want for your stamps. I cut five different triangles - one for each color I was going to use.

tape or glue your wooden blocks to the back of the stamps so that they're easier to stamp. I used double sided tape and it worked great!



apply paint to your stamps and go crazy! I decided to do a triangle print in sections throughout the entire lamp. I didn't cover the entire stamp fully so it created a fun little rippled effect - I kind of love the result of it.


sidenote: my lampshade came with the trim, but it can easily be achieved by grabbing a hole punch and some leather strips! I love the triangle pattern, but there's so many shapes and options you could do! I don't have a lampstand for it yet, but once I do, I'll photograph how pretty it looks with light shining through! If you use this diy, leave a comment with a link!

Happy Crafting!



xo.
Melisa

also, please excuse my messy messy room. i need to clean up. eeep!

3 comments:

  1. Love the way this turned out! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think DIY stuff is genius. It's hard for me to find time to do it, but love and appreciate creativity like this. Great post.

    XOXO

    http://landoflamz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! great idea.
    Mandy
    www.nestledinnostalgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete