PS About shop portfolio

8.25.2011

Remember that time I moved...

I am finally all settled into my new home. I thoroughly enjoy having a living space where people can come and visit; in fact I just hosted a little get together for our Youth Ministry leadership team. I realized that I really enjoy playing hostess^_^ When I was younger I always had to share a room with my sister, which usually meant that she got a room and I would get to go in there when it was time to sleep, but even then I often found myself falling asleep on the couch. Growing up we didn't really get along and by that I mean I loved her, but she wanted nothing to do with me (teenagers), ha! SO, I say all that to say that I never really had a room to decorate, if I was lucky I got a small portion of a wall, so silly. Of course, now that I have my own place, I love love to decorate. I've had oh so much fun nesting and getting this place all cozy and home(y) for my roommate and I. Still on the hunt for a good couch though... I will be posting photos soon!

Today I came across the sweetest little vintage shop and got tons, yes tons, of things for eight dollars. Here is the list of items purchased: 1 mug, 1 plate, 2 mason jars, 1 scarf, 1 vintage floral sheet, 3 floral pillowcases, 3 (SO pretty) pillows, & 1 paint by numbers painting. Is that not a steal of a deal or what?? Whoa. I will post photos of that soon as well.

I went to H&M because they just put one in the Dallas mall. It was wonderful as usual. Not quite as big as the ones I'm used to, but it'll do, ha! I bought a pretty pretty dress and I got to spend time with my sweet friends and had a girly night, which is always a blast^_^

I have been practicing piano A LOT. I have a very large exam the 2nd day of school (which is awesome) and I have to pass it in order to graduate (again, awesome)  So I'm kind of living in the practice room.

My friend Whitney is going to have a birthday party on Saturday; that is what is most exciting in my life right now. That and the idea of having a couch. Currently the living room looks like a dance hall, ha! SO, I guess this was kind of a catch up post... Just to let you know I'm alive and things are well. I'd also like to take a moment to say thank you to each of you. I so appreciate having such lovely and kind readers. I can thankfully say that I have never received a hateful comment, email or remark and for that I am so truly grateful. Y'all are just wonderful! I'm really excited for what September will bring for us^_^

Oh, and here's a few photos from the last few days, ya know, for fun...


xo.
Melisa

2 comments:

  1. i want that cooke!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally need to stop by H&M and see if I can find a cute birthday outfit!

    ReplyDelete