PS About shop portfolio

4.05.2011

One Day Without Shoes


 So, today is Tom's One Day Without Shoes. It's the day where everyone {who wants to participate} takes off their shoes to raise awareness about what Tom's is doing and the need for so many children to have shoes. It's really great. I personally love Tom's shoes and really love what their all about. 
Last year I participated in this day and went an entire day withot wearing shoes. I rode my bike or walked to every class I had that day. For me, I wanted not only to raise awareness, but on a more personal level, I simply wanted to put myself in these children's shoes {no pun intended} It was an incredible experience. Throughout the day my feet began to ache, not just hurt, but like cramp and feel numb. I kept reminding myself that at the end of the day I could wash my feet and put them in some socks and they would feel better. The thing that really got me though, was that those kids don't have that option; they don't get to go wash their feet off at the end of the day, it's simply how they live. 
We don't really realize how easy we have it until we go a day without something. I am grateful for shoes; seems silly, but it's true. I'm grateful that I don't have to worry about not being admitted into school because I don't have shoes; because that's what these kids face. Let us not take these little thngs for granted, but instead give out of the love of our hearts and help those in need^_^ OH and if you haven't participated, you should. It will change your perspective and your life.

xo. Melisa

2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent idea. i love toms and the idea behind the shoes. thanks for sharing :)

    new follower, please stop on by..
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 TOMS! I started the club at college and have sold over 300 pairs!!

    I wrote a post about it:
    http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/2011/02/shoes-for-tomorrow-toms.html

    =) couldn't celebrate one day without shoes because I work in a school which is not allowed haha

    ReplyDelete